Today, visitors can see:
- The central circular tower that served as the past resort for defense. The tower’s roof offers a unique view of the town of Kavala.
- The arsenal and food storage that was converted to a prison in the 18th century.
- The guardhouse that served as the guards and officers quarters.
- The cistern.
One polygonal and two square towers are located in the external enclosure, along with a modern open air theatre that regularly accommodates music events, theatrical plays and various festivities. After touring the site, the visitors can enjoy their favorite beverage at the cafeteria while enjoying a view of the theatre.
Access to the Fortress
The following ways provide access to the fortress:
- On foot, suggested route: Kountouriotou – Th. Poulidou – M. Ali – Anthemiou – Feidiou.
- By train, in front of the National Bank, Monday to Saturday:
08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00
(For your information, confirm the departure hours in the Tourist Information Centre, near the starting point of the train.
- By Taxi, Contact Phone: 2510 232001-04.
- May 1 – September 30: 08:00 – 21:00
- October 1 – October 31: 08:00 – 20:00
- November 1 – March 31: 08:00 – 16:00
- April 1 – April 30: 08:00 – 20:00
- 2.50€ Adults
- 1.50€ Kids
- Upon request for schools and groups.